3. What's in the Box?

I'm going to take a slight detour away from vintage and running kind of this week and share with you the most exciting news because its all I can think about right now. But we can work some running into the story and possibly even some vintage inspired bling...So I know I am relatively new to this whole thing, but for any of you out there who actually know me or my partner, will have seen our social media explode with well wishers over the weekend. All because he asked me a simple little question.

My hand has never looked so elegant

But let's rewind for a wee minute. We met 10 months ago to the day... (I'm writing this on Tuesday and this will go up on Wednesday). On Tinder of all places, but what a whirlwind it has been since then. I moved away for work a couple of months after we met, but we have muddle through the distance, going from strength to strength. And I have done so many things in that time I never thought possible, all because of him. Well because of  his encouragement at least (he can only make me run so far, I wanted to go the rest of the way!)

Us after my very first Wolf Run

Anyway, I didn't think this weekend was going to get much more exciting than Billy Joel. I have said for years that I would sell my first born to see him, but now the second born is also safe because that was the second time I have seen him perform live. I am obsessed. My sister and I definitely lowered the average age by at least 20 years. Fact of life though, he's getting on a bit and I would really love to see him perform at Madison Square Gardens. A girl can dream...

Being a total Daddies Girl at Billy Joel

So,  I got back to my flat after parting ways with my family on Sunday and the boyfriend arrives at my flat, hobbles up the stairs me in tow, carrying all of his bags. This is the point where I should mention he ran The Wall on Saturday (shout out to all the guys and gals who ran the course). A grueling 69 mile (hehe - I'm a child really) from Carlisle Castle to Newcastle. I am glad that Billy Joel was a valid excuse and got me out of it for this year, as prone to doing crazy things as I am, that one may require a little more training. But 13.5 hours left a lot of time for thinking!

The Wall 2018

It had been 2 whole weeks since we had last seen each other, so it was a sweet reunion. We got to chatting and he was asking me if I had enjoyed the freedom. To which I replied "we spoke everyday on the phone, it was hardly freedom." Aside from the Lindy Hop class I've started and the guys at work, our nightly conversations keep me sane. He asks for a drink and I pass him mine, but he is adamant he want the one in his bag in the other room, so off I trot to get it. "Good, good" he continues. "I've never been as sure about anything in my life as I am about you. I guess we are doing this then? Will you be my wife?" He starts rummaging in the bag, and me unawares replies "Always." Like I always do when he asks me stuff like this in random conversation. 

What's in the box?


More rummaging in the bag... and I'm like why is he being so shifty and not looking at what he's doing and just looking at me... He draws something out of the bag and starts fiddling with it, all the while looking at me. Then he's like "No really, will you marry me? Will you be my wife?" and whips out a box. Me not being the quickest on the uptake asks, "What's in the box?" Really? Yes. He gets out the most beautiful diamond and emerald infinity ring, at which point I twig... And start crying. He manages to get the ring on my finger at which point, it being a Sunday at 3pm, I was like "Babe if we want anything for dinner I need to go to Aldi now..." and promptly ran out of the flat, leaving him crippled (from the run i might add) waiting for my return. 

I could just stare at it all day...


Long story short; he asked me to marry him and I said yes. I'm over the moon and overwhelmed at the social media reaction. Thank you everyone for being so happy to see us so happy. It's only been two days and my mother has already told me not to become Bridezilla and my sister is already trying to get her fur-babies into the wedding by training them to be ring bearers. 

I told you I'd work in some running!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

7. Race Review - Man Vs. Lakes

6. Race Review: Man Vs. Çoast

Challenge 25